Tips for First-Time Paddleboarders
If you have never stepped foot on a paddleboard, the idea of paddleboard lessons in Malibu CA might seem intimidating. Here are a few tips to make the experience a little easier:
- Use your core: When you paddleboard, you should use your arms less than you think. In fact, paddleboarding is best done with your core. The muscles in your core are strong and will give you more power, helping you stay on the board longer.
- Look ahead: During your paddleboard lessons Malibu CA respects, be sure to look ahead on the horizon. If you look down at your board, you will have less stability and more likely to fall into the water.
- Keep your distance: When you are paddleboarding, it’s important to be mindful of other paddleboarders and other individuals in the water. Keep a safe distance so you can avoid collisions!
- Fall away from the board: It’s likely that you may fall off the board a few times during your paddleboard lessons Malibu CA relies on. This is okay, as long as you fall off your board the right way. If you fall away from your board instead of on it, you lower your risk of sustaining an injury.
Health Benefits of Paddleboarding
Paddleboarding is not just a fun activity; it can also be good for your health in a number of different ways! Here are a few health benefits you can experience with Malibu paddleboard lessons:
- Improves balance: Paddleboarding requires you to stand up on your board for long periods of time. This can help you have better balance in your everyday life. Having good balance make it’s easier to move around and avoid injuries.
- Strengthens muscles: During paddleboarding, you have to use almost every muscle in your body, including the ones in your core, arms and legs. This will give you a full body workout and strengthen your muscles.
- Improves heart health: Paddleboarding increases your heart rate and can be a great cardio workout. Engaging in this activity regularly can improve the health of your heart and reduce your risk of heart attacks.
- Reduces stress: Paddleboarding has also been known for helping reduce stress. This activity is low-impact and gliding through the water can help soothe you.
Taking paddleboard lessons Malibu CA depends on can be both fun and challenging. Do not get discouraged if you fall off or don’t get the hang of paddleboarding right away. It takes a lot of practice to become a skilled paddleboarder!. At SoCal Surfs Up, one of our dedicated instructors can help you navigate this fun and exciting experience.
If you are searching for paddleboard lessons Malibu CA offers, call SoCal Surfs Up at (424) 234-2608.
“Campbell is friendly, punctual, and easy going. A great vibe and instructor for a day of paddle boarding. I look forward to my next paddle board adventure with his rentals.”